1. THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS – You become the thoughts in your heart. You know the scripture, Proverbs 23:7. If you are thinking positive thoughts about yourself, others, this world, feeling beautiful… it can’t help but radiate outward. Our thoughts are ultimately what is shaping us both inside and outside.
2. SMILE – How can you not feel beautiful when you are smiling? We all find smiling faces more attractive. Smiling is contagious. There is power in feeling beautiful & confident when you smile at others, resulting in another person smiling. Just think of the ripple effect you just created by acting on one second of courage!
3. BREATHE DEEPLY – Breathing takes the tension away and allows us to feel at peace. Make it a point to step away from what you are doing to just breathe. Mediation, belly breathing, yoga, simple deep breathing while counting to ten… they all have the same positive benefits so choose the one that suits you best.
4. FIND SOMETHING YOU ADMIRE IN YOURSELF – When you are unhappy or lacking confidence, we all too often find a flaw within us and dwell on it. Dwelling on a weakness then results in it being the sole focus of our thoughts and it can become a very dangerous spiral from there. How can you feel beautiful when your mind is so very focused on every flaw you have? Instead, feed your mind with just one beautiful thing you admire about yourself. As you focus on that one quality or feature, really own it and embrace it, you’ll then start to find many more things you love within.
5. SURROUND YOURSELF WITH FRIENDS THAT BOOST YOU UP – I have two friends that I just LOVE to see because I know they are going to tell me I look beautiful when I walk in the room even if I don’t feel that pretty that day. Friends are there to support and encourage you! If you feel you don’t have people in your life you can count on to boost you up, start complimenting others and it will automatically be a great leap for a friendship. As a bonus, the kindness you send out will come back in your life… (Thank you Alma 41:15 – AKA the karma scripture)
6. SIT/STAND TALL – Good posture plays a HUGE role in telling your mind how you feel about yourself. Picture yourself with a crown on your head, just focus on not allowing the crown to fall off. When you have good posture, others will think more highly of you as we teach others how to treat us.
7. WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLOR – Colors make you feel happy and confident! Find a color that you look gorgeous in and rock it often. You don’t always have to wear the same shirt. You could find a necklace, a scarf, or even sunglasses that have that shade of color. Wear it as if you own it.
8. SAY THANK YOU – Kindness and manners can change your outlook on yourself in an instant. In return, that kindness will make others feel amazing. You won’t be able to help but feel beautiful because you made a difference. Say thank you to your grocery cashier. When someone is kind enough to hold the door for you, show appreciation. Always show gratitude when someone is kind enough to let you go ahead of them. Opportunities are found EVERYWHERE to show gratitude and appreciation.
9. LOVE – Love life, love your family, love nature – This world was created with so much beauty and love, and it was created for YOU. Even if you were an only child of our Heavenly Parents, all of this would STILL be created just for YOU. Take it all in. When you give love, you feel love, and love ALWAYS equates to beauty.
10. ACCEPT COMPLIMENTS – When someone is complimenting you, they are going out of their way to make you feel loved. You may not feel like you deserve that compliment, or you may even wonder if they really mean it…they do! So own it, sister! Be proud, grateful, and humble of the compliment that you just received.
11. TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF – We live in a world that is busy and non-stop always. It’s not selfish one bit to take time out for yourself. Take a bath, watch your favorite chick-flick, focus on self-care and you’re mental health will radiate that beauty.
12. GET OUT OF YOUR SHELL – Often when I don’t feel pretty, I internally roll up in a ball, kind of like a potato bug, haha. And let’s be honest, potato bugs rolled up are not all that pretty or graceful. They more easily get lost and easily blend in. How can you feel pretty when you are in a ball that no one even knows exists? Spread your wings like a butterfly, let others see your colors. In other words – focus on others and don’t get caught up in your flaws. When you are talking to others and opening yourself up to loving others, people don’t notice those flaws, they notice connections. We all crave connection.
13. TRY SOMETHING NEW – I am a girl that finds comfort in repetition and consistency, but I find when I get brave enough to do something new or something that takes courage, I feel absolutely amazingly beautiful. We are meant to do new things and challenging things because they remind us that we can do all things through Christ.
14. PAINT YOUR TOENAILS – You know that moment after you just painted your toenails? They are a pretty color. Your toes feel so nice, clean, and shaped and you just feel like a rock star? If you’re nodding your head along with me, then do it more often. How can you be sad when your toes are covered in your favorite color. Own it girl!
WHAT MAKES YOU FEEL BEAUTIFUL?