Light The World is a beautiful campaign to encourage love & kindness during the Christmas season put on by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
Watch this video here to be inspired to give just as Jesus gave:
We wanted to share a few ideas with you of ways teens could get involved this holiday season. These are all ways that teens and tweens could serve without need much if any help. The ideas are simple, but the impact of your service could just change the world.
IDEAS FOR TEENS TO LIGHT THE WORLD:
- Deliver a note or a treat to a teacher that has had an impact on you.
- Make an effort to surprise your parents with a clean house when they go out.
- Send your dad a text full of love out of the blue.
- Secretly do some of your sibling’s chores when they’re not around.
- Shovel a neighbors driveway after a big snowstorm.
- Visit an elderly widow in your neighborhood.
- Clean out your closet & donate some of your clothes to a local women’s shelter – teens end up there a lot.
- Bake some cookies to take your local police or fire department.
- Organize a drive for some local families – books, shoes, clothes, toys, etc.
- Bring a treat or thank-you note for your bus driver.
- Write a letter full of gratitude to your mom.
- Do your homework/chores without being asked.
- Leave positive words or post-it’s wherever you go.
Print this list for yourself with this FREE PRINTABLE here.