We all deal with stress, it’s a human thing. I always joke with my high school students when I do presentations that if they don’t have any sort of stress in their lives, I’m going to come and check their pulse, haha. Stress actually keeps us alive, believe it or not.
The problem comes when we have too much stress that we are up against, so that’s where these stress relieving activities come into play. It’s so important we have self care in our lives and we spend time doing things we enjoy to help us manage our stress in the first place.
Here are a few ideas that are simple and yet very powerful:
- Ride your bike.
- Take a shower or bath.
- Journal. – Get out all your thoughts on paper.
- Diffuse your favorite oil. (Lavender is mine!)
- Go to the movies with some friends.
- Listen to music.
- Go to the park. Play like you did when you were a child.
- Take a deep breath – seriously, sometimes we forget to breathe.
- Try a new hair style.
- Paint your nails.
- Call someone.
- Read a book.
- Take a walk.
- Play a sport alone or with a friend.
- Sing – belt it out!
- Go swimming.
- Take a nap.
- Doodle or create something.
- Watch some sports.
- Listen to a conference talk.
- Watch something funny.
- Dance – even if it’s just around your house.
- Think positively.
- Talk with a therapist OR have me as your mentor.
- Read your scriptures.
- Say a prayer.
Download your FREE poster of stress relieving ideas in our PDF format so you can print it out and hang it on your closet door or put it in your journal.
These are just a handful of ideas to help you cope with the stress you may feel in your life. Create your own list of your favorite activities that help you deal with stress and turn to it when you’re feeling like you could use a dose of stress-relief in your life.